DUI Lawyer in Salinas
Defending Against DUI Charges in Salinas and Monterey County for 60+ Years
If you seek a powerful DUI Defense lawyer, you must choose the right attorney
to fight for you. Unfortunately, not all defense lawyers are equal in
criminal defense cases. It would be best to find a lawyer who is a professional
negotiator and has powerful ability in a Monterey County courtroom setting.
At Lavorato & Scott, our attorney will personally work on your DUI
case. Criminal defense is not a side act, as it is in some defense firms
in Monterey county. This quality legal team
concentrates on criminal defense cases and has years of legal
experience successfully defending clients in Monterey County.
DUI Penalties in California
The state of California provides harsh sentencing for DUI. You can face
serious jail time, monetary fines, and driver's license suspension
if you are convicted, depending on the circumstances and the number of
prior offenses you may have had.
- First DUI Offense: 6 months in jail, 6-month driver's license suspension,
and $390 to $1,000 fine
- Second DUI Offense: 96 to 1 year in jail, 2-year driver's license suspension,
and $390 to $1,000 fine
- Third DUI Offense: 120 days to 1 year in jail, three-year driver's
license suspension, and $1,800 maximum fine
How can I tell if my blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is low enough to drive?
Without taking a BAC test, you will not have a specific answer to this,
but there are a few simple things that you can do to monitor BAC:
- If you are drinking and planning to drive later, drink lots of water and
keep food in your stomach. To be extra safe, eating absorbent foods (loaves
of bread, pasta, etc.) will give additional security.
- Monitor the drinks that you consume – if you are drinking a high
alcohol content drink, make sure only to drink one.
- Know your body, how you react to alcohol, and when to cut yourself off.
- If you get to the end of the night and are sure that you cannot drive,
spend the night where you are or call a friend or a means of transportation
to not put yourself or others at risk by driving under the influence of alcohol.
You Deserve Strong Legal Representation for DUI in California
Here at Lavorato & Scott, our
Salinas DUI attorneys have decades of experience handling various criminal cases. Throughout the years, our practice has
worked with many clients who were under arrest for DUIs. We know just
how serious the consequences involved with this type of conviction can
be, which is why our dedication is to providing our clients with the highest
quality representation possible. If you have any questions, we would be
happy to provide more information.
Is It Worth Getting a DUI Attorney in Monterey, CA?
In a short answer - yes. Hiring a DUI lawyer in Monterey is undoubtedly
worth it. A driver facing DUI charges should hire a DUI attorney to help
establish a strong defense and prevent a license suspension in time, or
perhaps get the case dropped and win in court.
Can You Move Out of California With a DUI?
A DUI conviction is permanent and will follow you if you move out of California.
Most states share DUI conviction information through an interstate compact.
If you have a DUI and plan on moving out of California, you should speak
with a DUI lawyer as soon as possible. You have two options:
- Stay in California: Complete the DUI classes.
- Move to another state: Waive your right to drive in California.
You can also modify your probation terms with the court. You need to ask
for permission from the judge before you move away.
Why Choose Our DUI Attorney in Monterey?
- We do our very best to make your experience as stress-free and smooth as
possible, and we work tirelessly to achieve the best results for your case.
- Our firm is committed to using our skills, knowledge, and experience to
get you and your family through this incident.
- We genuinely look out for your future and do whatever is necessary to defend
your best interests and your rights.
- Proven Track Record & 5-Star Client Reviews
- We're Never Afraid to Take a Case to Trial
- Free, Confidential Consultation In-Office