Salinas DUI Attorney
DUI Penalties in California
The state of California provides harsh sentencing for DUI. You can face
serious jail time, monetary fines, and driver's license suspension
if you are convicted, depending on the circumstances and the number of
prior offenses you may have had.
- First DUI Offense: 6 months in jail, 6-month driver's license suspension,
and $390 to $1,000 fine
- Second DUI Offense: 96 to 1 year in jail, 2-year driver's license suspension,
and $390 to $1,000 fine
- Third DUI Offense: 120 days to 1 year in jail, three-year driver's
license suspension, and $1,800 maximum fine
How can I tell if my blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is low enough to drive?
Without taking a BAC test, you will not have a specific answer to this,
but there are a few simple things that you can do to monitor BAC:
- If you are drinking and planning to drive later, make sure to drink lots
of water and keep food in your stomach. To be extra safe, eating absorbent
foods (loaves of bread, pasta, etc.) will give additional security.
- Monitor the drinks that you consume – if you are drinking a high
alcohol content drink, make sure only to drink one.
- Know your body, how you react to alcohol, and when to cut yourself off.
- If you get to the end of the night and are sure that you cannot drive,
spend the night where you are or call a friend or a means of transportation
to not put yourself or others at risk by driving under the influence of alcohol.
You Deserve Strong Legal Representation for DUI in California
Here at Lavorato & Scott, our Salinas DUI attorneys have decades of
experience handling a wide range of criminal cases. Throughout the years,
our practice has worked with many clients who were under arrest for DUI's.
We know just how serious the consequences involved with this type of conviction
can be, which is why our dedication is to provide our clients with the
highest quality representation possible. If you have any questions, we
would be happy to provide you with more information.
Is It Worth Getting a DUI Lawyer in California?
In a short answer - yes. Hiring a DUI lawyer in California is undoubtedly
worth it. A driver facing DUI charges should hire a DUI attorney to help
establish a strong defense and prevent a license suspension in time, or
perhaps get the case dropped and win in court.
Why Choose Our Salinas DUI lawyer?
- We do our very best to make your experience as stress-free and smooth as
possible, and we work tirelessly to achieve the best results for your case.
- Our firm is committed to using our skills, knowledge, and experience to
get you and your family through this incident.
- We genuinely look out for your future and do whatever is necessary to defend
your best interests and your rights.
- Proven Track Record & 5-Star Client Reviews
- We're Never Afraid to Take a Case to Trial
- Free, Confidential Consultation In-Office
initial consultation, don't hesitate to contact our Salinas DUI attorney today at (888)