Salinas DUI Attorneys
DUI Penalties in California
The state of California provides harsh sentencing for DUI. If you are convicted
you can face serious jail time, monetary fines and driver’s license
suspension depending on the circumstances and the number of prior offenses
you may have had.
- First DUI Offense: 6 months in jail, 6-month driver’s license suspension
and $390 to $1,000 fine
- Second DUI Offense: 96 to 1 year in jail, 2-year driver’s license
suspension and $390 to $1,000 fine
- Third DUI Offense: 120 days to 1 year in jail, 3 year driver’s license
suspension and $1,800 maximum fine
How can I tell if my blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is low enough to drive?
Without taking a BAC test, you will not have a certain answer to this,
but, there are a few simple things that you can do to monitor BAC:
- If you are drinking and planning to drive later, make sure to drink lots
of water and keep food in your stomach. To be extra safe, eating absorbent
foods (breads, pastas, etc.) will give additional security.
- Monitor the drinks that you consume – if you are drinking a high
alcohol content drink, make sure to only drink one.
- Know your body, how you react to alcohol, and when to cut yourself off.
- If you get to the end of the night and are sure that you are not able to
drive, spend the night where you are or call a friend or a means of transportation
so as to not put yourself or others at risk by driving under the influence
You Deserve Strong Legal Representation for DUI in California
Here at Lavorato & Scott, our Salinas DUI attorneys have decades of
experience handling a wide range of criminal cases. Throughout the time
we have been in practice, we have worked with many clients who have been
arrested for DUI's. We know just how serious the consequences involved
with this type of conviction can be, which is why we are dedicated to
providing our clients with the highest quality representation possible.
If you have any questions, we would be happy to provide you with more
Why Choose Our Salinas DUI lawyer?
- We do our very best to make your experience as stress-free and smooth as
possible, and we work tirelessly to achieve the best results for your case.
- Our firm is committed to using our skill, knowledge, and experience to
get you and your family through this incident.
- We truly look out for your future and do whatever is necessary to defend
your best interests and your rights.
- 60+ Years of Combined Experience
- Proven Track Record & 5-Star Client Reviews
- We're Never Afraid to Take a Case to Trial
- Free, Confidential Consultation In-Office
initial consultation, don’t hesitate to contact our Salinas DUI attorney today at (888)